Blacknell.net

October 9th, 2006

Seagull Century 2006

Posted in Cycling, Ride Report by MB

Another year, another Seagull Century. After bailing on last year’s Seagull, decided to push ahead with this one, weather be damned. And damned it was. The season’s first official nor’easter brought us buckets of rain and gale force winds for most of the ride.

Both comments and pings are currently closed. RSS 2.0

10 comments

1. Beth says:

Glad you made it and sorry you got rained on! Jeremy was supposed to spend next weekend doing the century that we bailed on last year, but he got food poisoning this weekend and he’s not sure now that he’ll be up to it.

October 9th, 2006 at 12:47 pm

2. MB says:

C’mon, a true weight weenie would be proud of that . . .

October 9th, 2006 at 2:41 pm

3. Beth says:

He’s going to do the metric with me instead, which is good because I have hardly been on my road bike since August so I plan to draft off him the entire time.

October 10th, 2006 at 10:58 am

4. MB says:

Make him sit up tall, then.

October 10th, 2006 at 8:26 pm

5. R.E. Bertram says:

My first… someone tell me that they have not all been like this one!! I ride in western PA and a lot of hills, though this course was flat the wind made it up hill all the way – brutal.
    I will do it next year -great roads, great course.

November 7th, 2006 at 7:57 pm

6. MB says:

Heh, none like this one, at least within my memory. Look forward to joining you next year!

November 8th, 2006 at 3:54 pm

7. Blacknell.net » 2007 DC Area Cycling & Adventure Racing says:

[...] Seagull Century October 6, 2007 (Saturday) Salisbury, MD Probably the most famous century ride in the Mid-Atlantic area. Last year’s storm resulted in less than a third of the usual participants, but I’m sure they’ll all be back this year. Riders have metric century (100k, 62miles) and century (100 miles) options, which they can decide on at any time until the 20 somethingth mile of the ride. See this for more info. Also, note that decent pretty much all lodging fills up quickly, so reserve your room now, if you’re thinking about doing it. Most of the hotels in Salisbury are booked already. [...]

January 22nd, 2007 at 7:36 pm

8. dr king luther martin says:

dr king luther martin…

SomegifttoME 651859 Actual news on dr king luther martin category….

February 3rd, 2007 at 7:45 am

9. Blacknell.net » Fall 2007 DC Area Cycling and Adventure Race Calendar says:

[...] – October 6, 2007 Salisbury, MD Probably the most famous century ride in the Mid-Atlantic area. Last year’s storm resulted in less than a third of the usual participants, but I’m sure they’ll all be [...]

September 12th, 2007 at 6:51 pm

10. demoncats says:

You gonna ride it this year?

June 6th, 2009 at 11:47 pm