So that’s a map of my travel in the last year – January to January. My best travel year yet, really. Slightly over 86,000 km. Noteworthy trips included:
- A very rewarding journey through India, Dubai, and South Africa (write up of first half of that trip here, pictures from each section linked through the country name)
- A quick jaunt to Bermuda – who knew such waters were so close to DC?
- A multipurpose trip out west – a wedding in San Francisco, some hiking in the Grand Canyon, and the DailyKos convention in Vegas.
- Mexico City and Tepoztlan, for a wedding – I can’t recall the last time I’d traveled with so many friends.
- My year end voyage – Istanbul, Dubai, Karachi, Lahore, and Athens (where, as we drove by the American Embassy – you know, the one just hit by a rocket – the cab driver pointed it out as the safest building in Greece . . . ).
I am very lucky, indeed. Want a similar map for yourself? Check out the Great Circle Mapper. Nifty tool.