So that’s a map of my travel in the last year – January to January. My best travel year yet, really. Slightly over 86,000 km. Noteworthy trips included:
- A very rewarding journey through India, Dubai, and South Africa (write up of first half of that trip here, pictures from each section linked through the country name)
- A quick jaunt to Bermuda – who knew such waters were so close to DC?
- A multipurpose trip out west – a wedding in San Francisco, some hiking in the Grand Canyon, and the DailyKos convention in Vegas.
- Mexico City and Tepoztlan, for a wedding – I can’t recall the last time I’d traveled with so many friends.
- My year end voyage – Istanbul, Dubai, Karachi, Lahore, and Athens (where, as we drove by the American Embassy – you know, the one just hit by a rocket – the cab driver pointed it out as the safest building in Greece . . . ).
I am very lucky, indeed. Want a similar map for yourself? Check out the Great Circle Mapper. Nifty tool.
Vivian J. Paige
There are some great LATravelYTb places to go to that most people have not even seen. Hawaii is old.
The best place to Travel is still Hawaii. I love that place.