Blacknell.net

December 30th, 2008

Arlington ZPizza Sucks

Posted in Personal by MB

Putting aside their problem with delivering in less than an hour (at least four times), they keep insisting on sending the WRONG pizza to me.  And then bitching about it when I object.  Funny, I think there’s a difference between a sausage and vegetarian pizza.  When they get it right, it’s great.  But it seems getting it right is beyond them.  Avoid the Arlington ZPizza location.

Both comments and pings are currently closed. RSS 2.0

12 comments

1. Peej says:

Wait, you live where you do so you can mostly walk to everything you need and then you go for delivery?!! Even I don’t rely on delivery, where I am!

December 30th, 2008 at 10:46 pm

2. MB says:

Right, you milk the cow, make the cheese, kill the cow, make the sausage, and cook the pizza.

Crazy suburbanites.

December 31st, 2008 at 12:03 am

3. Amit says:

isn’t Mario’s down the street from you? I think they have vegetarian cardboard there.

December 31st, 2008 at 8:15 am

4. MB says:

I hate to speak ill of an institution*, but Mario’s pizza is awful. Borderline inedible. They are, however, a great place to get fries at 3am. And the menu has expanded significantly in the past couple of years.

*Obviously, ZPizza doesn’t qualify.

December 31st, 2008 at 9:35 am

5. Amit says:

I think Mario’s suck because its run by brown people and not real Italians ;-)

Goody’s in Clarendon isn’t bad but I probably most often order from Papa Johns. (thin crust with jalapenos and grilled chicken) there is also a pretty good place in Rosslyn, Piola I think

December 31st, 2008 at 11:19 am

6. Miles says:

Does Lost Dog deliver to where you live? That’s all I get these days.

December 31st, 2008 at 12:18 pm

7. MB says:

Armando’s used to be my prime pizza place. Maybe time to move back to them. It’s a shame, because as I said, when ZPizza gets it right, it’s damn good pizza.

~

Never thought about Lost Dog delivery, Miles. I should. The trick, of course, will be avoiding adding a bottle or three of Chimay to the order (for those unaware, Lost Dog is the place to go in Arlington when you want to take good beer home.)

December 31st, 2008 at 12:24 pm

8. Mike@Blueweeds says:

When Arlington starts trashing its businesses, Falls Church wins.

We have our own zPizza which is good (although I order from Lost Dog whenever I have to eat pizza).

Claire and Don send their regards from Falls Church.

December 31st, 2008 at 1:56 pm

9. MB says:

Don’t make me close the border, Mike.

December 31st, 2008 at 2:03 pm

10. Mike@Blueweeds says:

We have a leather shop and a palm reader we can let you have for, well, just go ahead and help yourself.

December 31st, 2008 at 2:42 pm

11. Amit says:

I’m a fan of Lost Dog as well but haven’t tried Stray Cat yet. I heard they have masala pizza at Sangam now that you wanna try MB.

December 31st, 2008 at 2:47 pm

12. MB says:

Only if you’ll take the Ch****c*k* F***ory. I think we already have a couple of palm readers, though. One works out of Wes Clark’s old campaign headquarters. She’s seen marginally more success.

December 31st, 2008 at 2:47 pm