While I am pleased that Google thinks I’m worth a second page listing for 2008 TdG coverage (behind VeloNews, but ahead of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution!), there are obviously a lot of other (and undeniably better) sources of excellent reporting out there. In addition to the usual and reliable VeloNews, CyclingNews, and PezCyclingNews stops, I expect I’ll be regularly checking out a number of other sites in the next week:
- KWC.org – Ken Conley is on location and shooting away. He’s also asking the hard questions – So, DZ, how *do* you choose between the Tour de France and Comic-con? Ken also seems keen to have a chance to justify his recent $200 rain gear purchase. Yeah, can you get that out of the way before me and my plastic bags get there? Thanks.
- GamJams is hosting a series of reports by 2008 TdG racer and Health Net rider Matt Cooke.
- Steephill.tv remains a model of what the dedicated fan can do. More like this, please.
- MissingSaddle.com is always a good source of inside-the-peloton perspective. Its roster of actively blogging pro-riders is pretty impressive. And it looks like BMC’s Mike Sayers (current TdG racer) has just signed on.
- The Slipstream site. One could not ask for a better team site. You think I’m kidding? Check this new David Millar diary out. Honestly like that is rare anywhere, nevermind on a team’s own site.
And there is, of course, the place where you should be already – PodiumCafe.Â In addition to my articles, you’ll get lots of community insight and analysis from long time fans a lot smarter than me.Â I still get the feeling that I’m forgetting a few. Help me out?